We were not idle over the break. The designers did a lot of progression testing, the artists created more building assets, and together we settled on a more solid musical direction for the game - public domain pieces. Marches (for the America faction), Russian classical music (for the Russia faction), and an unknown style in the same vein as the other two (for the Alien faction). This led to an enjoyable amount of music puns during our Monday meeting.
Code-wise, I accomplished a fair amount as well. Due to circumstances at home I was not able to do as much as I would have liked, but I made good progress on important features, including pause a screen and kiosk mode. I'm also hard at work on fixing up our UI layout system so I can actually implement some of the more complex interface interactions without tons of public static variables. This is taking slightly longer than expected, but we should have everything ready by our alpha milestone next week.